Question

Is it possible to connect a sonos loudspeaker directly to a laptop (through wires)? Thanks.

• 18 November 2013
  • 28 replies

I would like to play my sonos loudspeakers in my basement where I don't have any Ethernet. Can I connect one of my loudspeakers to my laptop and listen the music stored on my laptop?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Ok, so I connected my PLAY 1 direct to my ethernet cable. It showed it was connected to the IP, however I could not open up the sonos controller app on my macbook with no wifi to play the music I have locally stored on my mac? Can you explain exactly how to control and play the music stored locally when wifi is not available and I have my macbook direct connected via ethernet to the PLAY 1?

Thank you!!
I want to connect my Play 5 to my desktop and stream you tube from the desktop can this be done through ethernet or is the only way through the 3.5mm line in jack?
I cannot get the SWYH app to work as it crashes all the time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The only way in for your computer sound to play on your Play 5 is via the line-in. What your ways out are - well that would depend