Question

Ipad and Play 1 stereo-setup

• 29 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

My question is fairly simply.
Can I play the sound from my ipad to my play 1 setup when watching movies or other content?
If not, I will return them to Sonos as this was the purpurse for which I bought these speakers.

Thanks in advance!

/Linnet

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Thanks for your replies! Much appreciated! ??
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Once Airplay2 comes out you will probably be good. However, I wouldn't expect that until at least this time next year if I were to wager on. Sounds like you would be better off with a Bluetooth speaker. Best Sonos option for you if you want to get into Sonos and start expanding would be a Play:5. You can add output of an airport express to the Play:5 and get current Airplay functionality (or get a cheap Bluetooth receiver to add to the Play:5).
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
No, you cannot. At least not yet, anyway. It remains to be seen what functionality will be available with AirPlay 2 and what speakers will be supported. However early discussion has been that the newest speakers will support AirPlay 2 at launch but there hasn't been anything officially announced yet. Moreover I don't know if using AirPlay would allow for sound to be broadcast to Sonos while maintaining video on your iPad.