Answered

iOS Beta Testers

• 7 September 2018
  • 3 replies

I am a beta tester for apple and cannot retune my speaker now. Help??
icon

Best answer by Smilja 7 September 2018, 21:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Trueplay isn‘t supported on major iOS beta builds.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Sonos usually waits for an iOS version to be released before they update their app to ensure everything is (relatively) set in stone for a while. If they were to support a beta version of iOS, then Apple makes a major change, they'd then have to scramble to update things so they continue to work.

I'm sure that TruePlay support for iOS 12 won't be too far away once iOS 12 is released.
Sonos usually waits for an iOS version to be released before they update their app to ensure everything is (relatively) set in stone for a while. If they were to support a beta version of iOS, then Apple makes a major change, they'd then have to scramble to update things so they continue to work.

I'm sure that TruePlay support for iOS 12 won't be too far away once iOS 12 is released.

As an example, Apple have released the four recent updates to the beta within 10 days.