Answered

individual rooms dropping in and out of group

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi,

I have sonos throughout my flat - so not that large an area really. I have two players at separate ends of the flat hard wired. I've started to get an increasing problem of players dropping in and out or coming to multi play late.

Help appreciated.

Diagnostic test done during drop outs: 363246129
icon

Best answer by Keith N 6 March 2018, 23:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you please power down the following devices for 10 secs, letting each complete the boot sequence before moving to the next one:

- Router
- Any wired network device
- Any wired Sonos devices
- All other Sonos devices

If this fixes the problem I suggest that you enter your Router config page and reserve the IP addresses for your Sonos players at the upper end of the DCHP range. e.g. I use 192.168.0.200 and above.

If you don't know how to do this then please let us know your make and model of your Router and we'll give you instructions.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Yeah already tried that, but tbh, already looked at IP Table and couldn't see any issues. Even flicked the electric off to power everything down in the house that I may have forgotten. Still no joy.

Thanks for help though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you have a look at this: http://192.168.0.201:1400/support/review and look at the Network Matrix to see if it highlights any specific issues?
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
http://192.168.0.201:1400/support/review. OK you got me. What should I be finding at this address?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If this is within your IP address range it should show the Sonos net connections between your players.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Yeah, it's not in range. Where do you get 201 from though?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You can replace that with the IP address of one of your players
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Office Sonos (RINCON_5CAAFDF3CE6C01400)
Bedroom Sonos (LR) (RINCON_B8E937BD895201400)
Bedroom Sonos (RINCON_949F3E64B6AB01400)
TV Sonos (RINCON_949F3E6470FD01400)
Bedroom Sonos (RR) (RINCON_B8E937BD8BEE01400)
Hall Sonos (RINCON_5CAAFD23422601400)
Bedroom Sonos (SW) (RINCON_B8E93765C2CE01400)
Living Sonos (L) (RINCON_5CAAFD01CC7801400)
Living Sonos (R) (RINCON_5CAAFD00A47C01400)
Kitchen Sonos (RINCON_5CAAFDF1624801400)
Living Sonos (S) (RINCON_949F3E305F8801400)
Network Matrix

Thanks - This is what it brings up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you post your Network Matrix image
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I've had a little google and understand what image you're after - but where is it? Should it be showing with the text I pasted?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
No, you need to click on Network Matrix - the last menu option
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Found it in the end. 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
🙂 Are there any Red or Amber cells?
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Easier to see:
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
From the nodes visible in the pic, they all look good. Can I just check that you've removed any Wi-Fi credentials in the Sonos App>Settings>Advanced>WiFi Setup? If they are still there, please remove the password and press Reset - You don't need this as you have two wired players. If the problem persists, please try changing the Sonos Net Channel and retest.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Nothing there, so hanged channel. Thanks for your help, hopefully something will show in the diagnostics.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Another diagnostic submitted: 1956946720.
Hi there, simondo. Thanks for the diagnostic report! Based on my findings, it seems we will need to replace your Kitchen PLAY:5. Please send me a PM with the following information and I will be happy to get you sorted.

First and Last Name:
Shipping Information:
Contact Number:

Thanks!
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thanks Keith!

Makes sense. A few weeks ago the kitchen 5 disappeared from the network. I faffed around for 15 minutes trying to get it back on, but due its proximity to a switch, I simply hard wired it and forgot about the issue.

It's a shame though - that one even still has the plastic on it. OCD? 😛
No problem at all. Keep an eye on your inbox from an email from the Product Team. Thanks again for your patience!