Answered

I want to listen my fire TV stick through my Sonos Move.

• 5 September 2022
  • 4 replies

I want to listen my fire TV stick through my Sonos Move but I can not get both of them connected. I have succeed with controlling Fire Tv with Alexa from my Sonos but not to play the fire TV on my Sonos, could you please help me? I could not find any solution to this topic in the community. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by John B 5 September 2022, 18:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi. I am not sure why you would think a portable music speaker would be able to play an audio visual device that needs an HDMI input connection?

Is Fire stick plugged into anything?

I could not find any solution to this topic in the community. 

The FireStick is presumably plugged into a TV. The Move is not designed to connect to a TV. Sonos makes home theatre products for this purpose (Ray, Beam, Arc, Amp).

You might however be able to connect the FireStick directly to the Move using Bluetooth. Put the Move into pairing mode then follow the FireStick’s menu to try and pair them. If it works it might however incur a delay on the audio, so lip-sync with the TV picture could suffer.

Hi. I am not sure why you would think a portable music speaker would be able to play an audio visual device that needs an HDMI input connection?

Is Fire stick plugged into anything?

Ratty answered. Thanks

I could not find any solution to this topic in the community. 

The FireStick is presumably plugged into a TV. The Move is not designed to connect to a TV. Sonos makes home theatre products for this purpose (Ray, Beam, Arc, Amp).

You might however be able to connect the FireStick directly to the Move using Bluetooth. Put the Move into pairing mode then follow the FireStick’s menu to try and pair them. If it works it might however incur a delay on the audio, so lip-sync with the TV picture could suffer.

Many thanks for your quick answer and clear explanation. I tried to connect through Bluetooth but without success (maybe not properly, I will check again).

The sound of Move is so good that I wanted to enjoy tv also with Sonos. I will start saving money for home theatre but if anybody could figure out another option cheaper I would appreciate it.

Thanks again!