Question

I need to purchase a replacement 3" mid-range speaker for my Sonos Play:5. Please help.

• 28 November 2013
  • 4 replies

I need to purchase a replacement 3" mid-range speaker for my Sonos Play:5. Please help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello Jim,

Sonos components aren't designed to be opened, repaired, or modified in the field and can only be repaired at our facilities. We don't have replacement parts available. If you're having trouble with a PLAY:5 please reach out to our Customer Care team and they'll be happy to help identify an issue and provide you with your replacement or repair options. 

We have In and Out of warranty replacements for units purchased from us or through an authorized reseller as listed on our policies page.

Cheers.
Hi, Is it still not possible to buy parts? I dropped my sonos play one on its front bottom edge, and the mid woofer speaker needs replacement. The speaker casing is bent. It still plays but with some terrible audio artefacts... my device is a few years out of warranty.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Maybe buy a parts-only Play off ebay?
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Hi, Is it still not possible to buy parts? I dropped my sonos play one on its front bottom edge, and the mid woofer speaker needs replacement. The speaker casing is bent. It still plays but with some terrible audio artefacts... my device is a few years out of warranty.

No still can't get replacement parts. But buying used one might be easier then trying to fine used replacement parts. it might be easier to buy a new one actually. I've seen prices as low as 140 for the play1.