I need help to Move Speakers, Add Rooms and fix my mistakes. Thanks

• 16 September 2018
  • 18 replies

Badge
I have 2 houses..............
I have 2 complete Sonos systems..............
(Day 1) I am moving a pair of (1s) speakers to house 2 from house 1............no help from your web info on my laptop, or apple app on my phone !!!!!!!!!
(Day 2) I have messed up my house 2 by adding only one off my (1) speakers from house 1 by pairing it to the wrong speaker in house 2.
I am trying to add a new room for my new pair but you have no info on how to do that.
Now I am going to start to delete speakers to try again.
By (Day 3 ) this should be totally screwed up.............but I go on.
I really could use some help. Please.
Case #: 00271224

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
When taking a speaker from one house to the other with 2 different complete system.

Best thing to do is hard reset the speaker you are taking to the other house when you plug it in there and add it as a new speaker.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
hard reset instructions

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US

but never take all of your sonos speakers to anther location and reset all of them - as then you will loose your settings. You always need one active at house that you use to bring up system and add other from.
Badge
hard reset instructions

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US

but never take all of your sonos speakers to anther location and reset all of them - as then you will loose your settings. You always need one active at house that you use to bring up system and add other from.
Badge
To Late
Badge
I did add it as a new speaker..........in a new room, while I was next to the router, and paired it to the other speaker that I brought with me , that was paired in the other house. Then I moved them to the room where they were going to play, so that I could do the True Sound feature in the exact location that they will play, "AS PER THE APP". but when I got to the new room the speakers did not work..........and the room was not on my APP anymore.........FRUSTRATED....I AM NOT STUPID.
I followed all the instructions completely twice. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Badge
Case #: 00271224
Badge
Thanks for your help Chris.......I will go to the Hard Reset. Wish me luck. John
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Before you go hard resetting stuff.

Give me details of working and non-working speakers in house your at right now.
Badge
B8E9370A0EFA6 Boost 7/26/2018 7:52:21 AM
B8E937D476B88 Play:3 7/26/2018 8:11:19 AM
949F3E8ABBF20 Play:1 7/26/2018 8:11:19 AM
B8E937D4993C4 Play:3 7/26/2018 8:11:19 AM
5CAAFDE1F626E Connect:AMP 7/26/2018 8:11:19 AM
5CAAFDEE6E6CC Connect:AMP 7/26/2018 8:54:59 AM
949F3E8AC916F Play:1 7/26/2018 9:14:15 AM
The bottom 2 came from house #1
949F3E790D28F Play:1 9/16/2018 10:22:43 AM
949F3E7906222 Play:1 9/16/2018 1:23:55 PM
Badge
I also have an old pair of box speakers and a 100 disc CD hardwired to one of the Connect AMPs
Badge
The Bottom pair of speakers (from the list) are from house 1, and are not working.
I will continue to try to get them to work.
Everything else is working fine, as far as I know.
Badge
UPDATE: I have lost a room with a speaker
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
UPDATE: I have lost a room with a speaker

Hi jayjay22,

Usually all it takes to add a speaker to your system is to add the speaker in the Sonos app.

If your speaker isn't showing up correctly because you have multiple Sonos households, factory resetting the speaker will clear any household information, allowing you to add the speaker normally.

If the above steps do not work, there is likely a networking issue preventing your speakers from connecting and communicating normally. This guide may help if you have speakers that have dropped off of your app.

At this point, your best bet is probably to reach out to our phone team who can guide you through getting everything connected to the correct household, and to address any other issues you may have with dropped rooms. You can find our phone number and hours here.
Jeff,

He's got multiple threads going about this issue 🙂
Badge
I am fixed !!!!! (36 hours later)
My problem:
I hired an expert to install my Sonos in house #2.
I didn't think that I had the Skill to do it on my own.
My "expert" installed it wrong. So when I tried to install my speakers from House#1 everything went sideways.
I want to thank all of the community players that responded to my cries for help. You all were great. Thank You.
Conclusion:
I should have installed it myself. With the help of the community I would have been just fine.
Thanks,
Keep Smiling.
Badge
I am fixed !!!!! (36 hours later)
My problem:
I hired an expert to install my Sonos in house #2.
I didn't think that I had the Skill to do it on my own.
My "expert" installed it wrong. So when I tried to install my speakers from House#1 everything went sideways.
I want to thank all of the community players that responded to my cries for help. You all were great. Thank You.
Conclusion:
I should have installed it myself. With the help of the community I would have been just fine.
Keep Smiling,
Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Always pays to check the field of expertise of an expert, some are experts in whatever is giving you problems, others seem to only excel in the speed that they cash your payment check.

Glad you got it sorted out!
Badge
I agree !!!