Answered

I'm experiencing the worst customer service and the reps say it's because of a system upgrade. Anyone else having issues with customer service?

One of my Roams is discharging on the charger. I’ve spent hours chatting, talking on the phone (mostly on hold), submitting diagognistic reports and emailing for 2 weeks and no action, no answers, just the same explanation...

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 July 2022, 21:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I can’t comment on the Support issue, as just another user here I’ve not personally had any issues, but it’s been a while since I last had to speak to Support. Anyhow…

Your Roam clearly sounds like it may not be working correctly - I’m assuming that the speaker is just sat there on a USB or Qi charger and it powers off by itself?  Perhaps the below might assist…

If it is the Sonos official Qi charger, ensure you have the Qi charger base the correct way up with the text showing on the underside of the device and not on the top face. If all seems to be okay, or the charger mentioned is irrelevant in your case, then maybe try this power-reset option…

Whilst off it’s charger, press the Roams rear power button for 20+ seconds or so. The Roam will power off, but still continue to hold down the button until you see it’s top front status LED light-up and now let go the power button and let the device start up and connect to the network. Now place the Roam on its charger and charge it to 100% and see if that may resolve the issue.

Note: if using a USB charger, ensure it’s PD power output is able to provide 5v x 2Amps (10w).

Sonos Support may be contactable to chat online via this LINK, so perhaps try that too if the power-reset doesn’t work for you.

I am also having the worst time with customer service. Wait on hold for an hour, talk to somebody who says they will follow up with an email. Never receive an email…. 

I'm going on three rounds of this, no domestic support and no response. 

I am also having the worst time with customer service. Wait on hold for an hour, talk to somebody who says they will follow up with an email. Never receive an email…. 

I'm going on three rounds of this, no domestic support and no response. 

I’m not sure the user community here can assist you directly, but have you checked your spam folder for any emails? 

I have seen reports one or two reports from other customers here about ‘teething’ issues with a new IT system that the Sonos Staff are now using, but can’t truly comment as I’ve no knowledge of what those issues are, or what that entails.

Anyhow, if you did get the name of the Support Staff member you spoke to, then perhaps go back to them - if the problem persists you can likely write a complaint letter, but keep hold of who you speak to and when.

Hope you get your matter resolved and note if it’s just a ‘general support’ issue you are chasing, then you can always ask other users here for help and guidance with those type of issues. Many here are happy to try to help. See below:

Here’s the ‘Customer Support’ Staff link - https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Heres a link to ‘Sonos Sales’ Staff - https://support.sonos.com/s/global-sales-help