Answered

I can’t update my Sonos app

• 20 June 2021
  • 3 replies

I’ve recently bought a Sonos Roam speaker, when I try to link it to my Sonos speakers, I keep being told I need to update the app, and when I try over and over again, I’m told it’s not working. I’ve traced this to the fact I still use a Sonos bridge for my original Sonos 5 speaker which I still use via the Sonos 1 app. My other speakers are used via the Sonos 2 app and this is the app I am trying to link the Sonos Roam to but it still comes back saying update the app and then says it can’t update because of the Bridge ( which I obviously don’t use on the Sonos 2 app). I feel like I’m going round in circles. Can anyone help me please as I have a brand new speaker now which I can’t use!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 June 2021, 15:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Temporarily unplug all your S1 devices from power. Run the S2 controller, and connect to your Roam, and other S2 speakers. Run any update needed for them, and then once you’re done, you can then plug the S1 speakers back in, and use the S1 controller for them, and the S2 controller for the Roam and other S2 speakers. 

Brilliant. Thank you so much, I was coming close to throwing it out the window. 🤣 

happily listening to tunes on my Roam now! 👍

It shouldn’t have to work that way, I think, but it is the easiest way to resolve that particular problem ;)

Happy listening!