Question

I am experiencing interference with my Sonos Play 5 system (music has static, interference, or stops completely)

• 26 December 2012
  • 4 replies

I recently purchases a Sonos Play 5 system, and am experiencing interference. My router/bridge is located in another room. Music will play fine for extended periods, but then suddenly there can be interference (static, skips, gaps in playing, or stopping altogether), even when other wireless devices are not in use. If I am unable to solve/address this problem, I am considering returning my Sonos Play 5

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hello Walter, Have you tried changing the wireless channel that Sonos is using? You can find instructions for doing so on the following Answers page: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1230/kw/channel What is the source of music you have most issues with? Do you have issues with different sources as well? If you still have the problem after changing the channel, please submit a diagnostics report from your system and reply with the confirmation number. You'll find instructions here. Thanks!
I have also been experiencing the same issue, also with a Sonos Play 5 system. Mostly it is a sort of static that fluctuates and sometimes disappears. I have tried changing the wireless channel, but the issue has remained the same. What can be done? - Benjamin
We turned on the Sonos Play 5 this morning and in 5 minutes we heard sharp static like a loud crashing sound as if lighting had hit the system. We have never had this static before since we bought the system 2 months ago. It is windy today, but it has been windy before without the sound. It was so loud we thought something had fallen in the house. The static noise would hit about every 15 seconds and we turned the system off right away.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
We turned on the Sonos Play 5 this morning and in 5 minutes we heard sharp static like a loud crashing sound as if lighting had hit the system. We have never had this static before since we bought the system 2 months ago. It is windy today, but it has been windy before without the sound. It was so loud we thought something had fallen in the house. The static noise would hit about every 15 seconds and we turned the system off right away.

Hi, the best would be to contact our customer care team by phone a Sonos agent will able to offer you live troubleshooting and if needed start a return process.
Let us know how it goes.