Question

How to reset sonos one to factory setting

• 22 December 2017
  • 12 replies

Badge +1
I want to uninstall my sonos app in my android to be able to download a sonos app in US play store using VPN for me to be able to get a version of sonos app where voice service for alexa can be set up.
May I ask how I could reset my sonos one to factory settings for me to do the download of a US sonos app. my current sonos app form plays store have no alexa in voice service.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I don't believe there are country/region specific apps.

The system determines your location based on where you set your location in your Sonos account
Badge +1
Hi Stuart_W. But I do not remember setting my location when I created my sonos Account. Anyway if that's the case, is there a way to change the location on my sonos account so that I could set it up in US?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
That won't help because in order to get voice control the Amazon Alexa app is indispensable.
You need to also change the country inside Amazon via manage contents and devices and then reinstall the Alexa app. But then you will lose access to local country shopping access. And then there is lack of access to Amazon prime music, leaving the voice for just volume changes. IMO, not worth it.
Badge +1
Thanks for your reply Kumar. I did your advice to change the country on the settings on manage your content and devices the uninstall my alexa app and redownload the same using US vpn for me to get alexa app. When I tried to re-add the skills for sonos and re-enable it and proceed with add device, I still encounter discovery failure.
There is no issue to me as to local shopping since there is no local amazon here and I ordered my sonos one directly from US without knowing Alexa won't work in my country and I think I am the very first person here who have sonos one and having trouble, can't see any youtube post of fellow Filipino having sonos one.

Hope there's a way to get this alexa app on my sonos as this was my buying factor to get a high end speaker with alexa. Hope sonos can fix this add device issue using alexa app in linking any sonos (as mentioned on their video on this website) to alexa app.
Hope there's a way to get this alexa app on my sonos as this was my buying factor to get a high end speaker with alexa. Hope sonos can fix this add device issue using alexa app in linking any sonos (as mentioned on their video on this website) to alexa app.
Sonos can't do that, that would be an illegal action. First and foremost Amazon has to support Alexa & the Echos in the Philippines.
Does Echo/Dot work in your home?
Badge +1
Hi Kumar.. Yes I found youtube post of echo dot in our country but I don't like the quality of sound. Anyway, thanks a lot for your advice, it was the closest thing I need to do before I was able to solve the issue.
I am now enjoying Alexa on my Sonos One, I found the final way to solve the issue and can now communicate with Alexa and use alexa skills..thanks a lot for sharing your idea to me and to the rest of those who reply on my thread.
I truly love the sound of my sonos one...:D:D;)
hi rowlings, how were you able to do it? I am also from the Philippines and trying it out now
Badge +1
ohh you must be the 2nd known owner of sonos one in PH 🙂 if you followed my above reply on how to download both sonos app and alexa app using US VPN and already set a US address in Amazon alexa account, the last puzzle is get membership with beta tester of sonos one and that would make your sonos connect to alexa app during set up while you are log in to US VPN account. There's a lot of free trial vpn which you can use, mine I use tigervpn.
Badge +1
@ Matelacyrus, where did you buy your sonos one?