How to link Tuneblade with Sonos Play 1

• 3 January 2015
  • 0 replies

Hi,

I just got a Play 1 and after few days of research, I understood that the basic function of having ANY sound of my computer, played to the Play 1, is not an option (yet?).
However, I also found that the "Stream What You Hear" (SWYH) software can partly help, and stream the sounds to the Play 1...but with a delay.
So for the moment, movies/youtube/videos... are not suitable because of that delay.
However, I would like to test the "streaming" feature of "SWYH" but with TuneBlade, as I think they handle this delay issue in a better way (from what I read, the delay can also be due to the AirPlay technology).
So my question is the following:
to link the Play 1 with Tuneblade, I need the ip/port of my Play 1 in order to connect them together.
Here is attached below a screenshot of the parameters of TuneBlade. In "type" I can select "Speakers/HiFi receivers" and "Shairport".
I know the IP of my Play 1, but I can't find which port number to use.
I tried 80, 443, 1024 ... with no success.
Do you know where I can find any help on that matter?

Thank you for your precious help !

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.