Answered

How to identify Sonos speaker's IP address?

• 26 February 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I just linked Emby with Alexa.  Unfortunately Emby only knows the Sonos speakers by their IP addresses, not their names.  I can see the IP addresses assigned to Sonos devices in my router, but I’m unable to associate them with the room, e.g., sun room, living room, etc.

How can I see the IP address of the Sonos speakers and associate them with the room?

icon

Best answer by Smilja 26 February 2020, 15:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Look in “about my system” under Setting>System in the Sonos mobile app. 

Note, unless you’ve reserved these in your router’s DHCP table, it’s possible, although unlikely, that these could change. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Look in “about my system” under Setting>System. 

Under Setting>System where?  Windows doesn't have that setting and neither does Sonos.

Use your mobile device that you used to set up the system, not the windows controller. You probably could open up the DHCP table on your router and see the same information. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Windows will also show the players under “This PC” in Explorer

Under Setting>System where?  Windows doesn't have that setting and neither does Sonos.

In the PC Controller under “Help”.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

In the PC Controller under “Help”.

That's it!  Thank you!  Now if only Emby could recognize room names.  Off to that forum!