Question

How to factory reset my Sonos One with Alexa?

• 24 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Can't get my new Sonos One with Alexa to work properly. It worked fine at first. I try to go through the setup procedures but cannot get the light to flash green. I wanted to try resetting it and starting again.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Thanks for the info. I'm not at home right now. I will try this tonight and you know how it goes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the details. I have seen reports from users with multiple Amazon accounts having issues with no responses from Alexa. Check out this helpful article on common fixes for Alexa problems and let us know if you find it helpful. I recommend checking this article out before going down the route of a factory reset because afterward, you will need to sign in again to your music services and set up any existing music libraries.
My Sonos One works with Alexa intermittently. I have several other Sonos components (Soundbar, 2 Play 1's, a Play 2 & 3 and Sub). I have never been able to get Alexa to "Discover My Devices". Although they all seem to be connected. The main problem I seem to be having with Alexa is, when I uplug it then try to reset it, I never see a flashing green light, as the instructions imply. It's always a flashing white light. If I press the connect button while the light flashes white, it still appears to connect, however, it still doesn't work right. When ask Alexa "How's the weather?" I don't get a reply. I've tried unistalling the Alexa App, then reinstalling it, but it doesn't seem to help. One thing I just read is that I could have a problem is 2 Amazon accounts are signed on at the same time. My wife and I share an Amazon account, but have 2 separate sign-on's. I have seen that, at times, when reinstalling the Alexa app, it identifies my wife's name and account, then other times it id's mine. I am going to try signing off both accounts, when I get home, then trying to re-install the Alexa app again. I'm still not sure about the green light, though. Shouldn't it flash green? What does it mean if it only flashes white? I also considered just doing a factory reset on the unit, then re-setting it up. I'm not exactly sure how to do a factory reset, though. Is the "Connect" button the on on the back of the unit? The video demos I've looked at show it on the top. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, kmooney. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. What problems are you experiencing with your Sonos One? Anything I can do to help?

Here is an article that details how to factory reset any of the Sonos devices.