Answered

How to connect or is it even possible to connect Sonos Playbar, Sub, One, and One SL with 2xPlay:5s?p

• 14 January 2020
  • 3 replies

I’d like to purchase the entertainment set for a record player to play in a large room. I would also like to add two Play:5s to another part of the house and still play music from the record player throughout the house. Essentially, just connecting all the speakers to play off the record player. Is that possible? If so, how can I do that? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 14 January 2020, 02:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Certainly. You would just group the ‘rooms’ in the Sonos app, and they would play in sync.  

Edit: removed the number, you can do this with all available ‘rooms’ in the Sonos app, not just two.

Connect your turntable (with pre-Amp) to any Sonos Product that has a line-in source… such as

• Sonos Port
  • Connect
  • Play:5
  • Sonos Amp

Set the line-in audio to 'compressed' and perhaps also set the Source as an AirPlay device, as that will increase the audio buffer size on the Sonos players, then Group all your Sonos Rooms together .. let’s say three rooms, just for ease of reference here, such as Kitchen (Stereo Pair of Sonos Ones) , Lounge (Home Theatre, surrounds and sub)  and Dining Room (Stereo Pair Play: 5’s).. just as examples ... and then simply play your vinyls using the Line-In as the audio source to the entire group in perfect sync.

The Sonos App will easily control and do these things on any stable wireless home network.

I have a similar setup here at home although my audio source is a tuner, rather than a turntable and all works perfectly fine here.

Hope that assists and is the type of thing you are looking for?👍

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for! I wanted to make sure it was possible before getting the speakers.