How many Sonos devices do you own?

• 19 November 2017
  • 23 replies

Badge
Sort-of just for fun, but I am curious how many Sonos devices do you own, and what does your setup look like? I feel I have developed a bit of an addiction with more than 14 in my 4-bedroom home, ha! I tell my wife "some folks get tattoos, I get SONOS".
Curious what the rest of the community has in their setup 🙂

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

23 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Oh crap after counting I better not let the wifey know I have 22

Family Room (2) Playbar and Sub
Kitchen (1) Play3
Office (1) Play 3
Garage (1) Connect:Amp
Patio (1) Connect:Amp
Poolhouse In (1) Connect:Amp
Poolhouse Out (1) Connect:Amp
Patio Master (1) Connect:Amp
Garden (1) Connect:Amp
Master Bedroom (1) Play5
Master Bedroom (1) Playbar
Master Bath (2) Pair Play1s
Living Room (2) Pair Play3s
Dining Room (2) Play 5
Upstairs Bed (2) Pair Play 1s
Upsatirs Poolhouse (2) Pair Play3s
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
16 in our home with 3 still working/dependable/beloved CR100's which Sonos with each and every update removes options/functions/services. Sure you can't expect any company to support old hardware forever, but they way they kill these perfectly usable devices is sad and perhaps not a good portent for all 13 other Sonos devices I've spent many thousand of dollars and hundreds of hours deploying/customizing, and maximizing the usefulness of these products.
BTW 8.x is awful! back to the drawing board folks!
Boost

Family Room: Playbar, Sub, 2 Play:3's
Master Bedroom: 2 Play:1s
Master Bath: Play:1
Outdoors: Connect:Amp
Not in Use: 2 Connects. (I should sell these, but haven't brought myself to do it yet.
Badge
Im holding at 19, hardly watch TV anymore other than football, Neighbors likely circulating a petition to buy me out

Whole house- Boost
Man Cave: soundbar, 2x Play 5 gen2, Sub
Kitchen- 2X Play 5 gen2, 2x Play Ones
Living room- 2x Play5 gen2, 2x Play One, Sub
Bedroom- Play 3, 2x Play One
Bedroom 2- 2x Play One
Badge +2
Wow you guys really have a lot! In a short time I’ve gone from zero to this:

First I got a Playbar for the livingroom and 2 ones for the 2 bedrooms.

Then tested using the 2 Ones as surrounds and realized I got to have this permanently so I added 2 Ones. 2 as surrounds and one for the bathroom :)

One day later Sub joined the others in the living room for a complete 5.1 setup. Apartment is only 60m2
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Sort-of just for fun, but I am curious how many Sonos devices do you own, and what does your setup look like? I feel I have developed a bit of an addiction with more than 14 in my 4-bedroom home, ha! I tell my wife "some folks get tattoos, I get SONOS".
Curious what the rest of the community has in their setup :)
I am new to Sonos. I have the playbar two play:1s and the sub set up as 5.1
Userlevel 3
I too am new to Sonos. I have 2 3s 4 ones and a Beam. Was looking to add more, i was hooked, but my confidence in sonos has been dented since the desktop controller was downgraded. Worried that it will disappear altogether along with ability to listen to my own library. With my shareholders hat on, customer retention and satisraction should go without saying.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
6 devices.
2x Play 5gen 2, 1 Playbar, 1 sub, 2x play 1

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Wow, 14? We only have the Playbase, Sub and 2 Play:1s. But we’ll be adding 2 more Play:1s this week.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
16! Wow. I thought my number of 12 was bad.

Whole House: Boost
Lounge: Playbar, Sub + 2 x Play 1 + Connect Amp
Living Area: 2 x Play 5
Bedroom: 2 x Play 1
Kid's Bedroom: 1 x Play 1
Bathroom: 1 x Play 1.

The whole thing is very addictive. Being able to make a stereo pair is great.
2. But will get 2 more soon
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
I was even in the garage yesterday listening to music through my iPad and thought about getting a Play 1 in there. I need to stop!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I have 10 devices in total.

A Bridge, Connect, and Play:5 (first gen) that get little to no use. The Play:5 is at least powered on, the other two not so much.
A Playbar and two Play:1's connected to the TV.
A Sonos One and Play:1 in my bedroom, unofficially paired thanks to SonoSequencr.
A Sonos One in my "office" (second bedroom without a bed)
A Play:3 in the master bath

Possible additions? A Sub for the living room... against my better judgement since I have a downstairs neighbor. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm minor league 🙂 See below.
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Nothing to see here
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Boost whole house

Lounge playbar. Sub. 2x play 1. 2x play 5 gen ll
Kitchen 2x play 1
Bedroom 2x play 1
Bathroom 1x play1

11 units total not including boost
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
At last count 28.

2 playbars
3 subs
2 play 5
1 play 3
6 conn amps
14 play 1
1 boost

Kris:)
9 in total. I'm in Europe (NL) though and I feel houses are smaller/have less individual rooms here. Also, I know almost no one else who has speakers (Sonos or other) throughout their house.
Living Room: Playbar, 2 x One, Sub
Kitchen: One
Office: 2 x Play 5 gen1
Bedroom: Play 3
Bathroom: Play 1

Maybe I'll replace the 3 in the bedroom by a pair of One's at some point. I also have speaker wiring in place to the garden, so I'd like to add an Amp, too.
It is good to see others with a house full of Sonos. We have the Playbase, Sub, 4 Sonos 3, and 3 Sonos 1's. One of the 1's has been outside for more than a year with no issue (pool). It is covered so it doesn't get rained on but I put it there to see how it would hold up. Considering it did fine this summer I'll put a 3 or a 5 out there...Don't tell my wife.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
One of the 1's has been outside for more than a year with no issue (pool). It is covered so it doesn't get rained on but I put it there to see how it would hold up. Considering it did fine this summer I'll put a 3 or a 5 out there..

I would not buy a P3 or P5 to put outside. Get an outdoor speaker. I have and highly recommend Polk Atrium 8's. They are awesome. Or wait for Sonos to come out with their outdoor speakers. - Kris
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Living room: playbar, 2x play 1, sub
Kitchen: play 5
Bedroom: Beam
Kids playroom: play 1
Spare/portable: play 1

I cannot believe how good the beam sounds.

I have no interest in voice control so would still get a play 1 rather than a One.
Userlevel 2
Badge
3 play 1
2 play 3
1 beam
1 boost