How do I group a Sonos 5 & my already paired Sonos SL1's?

• 4 March 2021
  • 4 replies

I have 2 Sonos SL1’s that are paired together + a Sonos 5 (2nd gen). For whatever reason the Sonos SL1’s always stay paired to each other but they refuse to stay grouped to the Sonos 5.  I have to go into the app and add the SL1s to the already playing music on the Sonos 5.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Typically, your existing group will get broken if you have your play 5 set to autoplay from an aux source.  Is this the case for you?  if so, that you can configure the play:5 to remain grouped when it detects a signal from the aux input.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4838?language=en_US

What exactly do you mean autoplay from aux source?  All of my speakers are paired through the Sonos App / Airplay. 

Userlevel 7

After you play music and group the Play:5 with the pair of One SLs, when does it ungroup?

it ungroups when I change music sources - for example, if I go from Spotify → iTunes (airplay).  It will also ungroup if I stop playing music for a while and then go back on.