Answered

How can I switch to full TV surround?

Hello :) . I have a playbar and have just added 2 x PLAY:1 surrounds (left and right) via Bridge. By default the music playback for the PLAY:1 speakers was ambient, I've been able to change this to "full" through my iPad. No problems here. Now I'm looking to do the same for TV, although Im not seeing a similar setting. Is this possible? Thanks :)

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Please 'like' this idea https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/full-stereo-option-when-watching-tv-audio-please
My Solution...get a set of speakers from another room and use them in the TV room when I want the full sound to be available for watching older movies or tv shows that do not take advantage of the 5.1 production capabilities of newer media.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
First - there must be some limiting factor as to why Sonos has never implemented this. It would be nice if a button was available like night mode that you could just switch on and off full.

It's not horribly difficult to just unpair them from the playbar in a case where you really want them to be full sound with TV audio. You would go into controller...settings....room settings...playbar...Remove surrounds. It takes about a minute and then they will be there own zone that you can group in and have full sound. Probably faster then going and getting a speaker from another room.

You could also use a program like Sonosequencer which I believe will very quickly pair and unpair.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Nicka99 to me it seems the link is broken...
At least on my android mobile phone.

On Denon this mode is called "multi channel stereo"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It was just a thread regarding same limitation https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/full-stereo-option-when-watching-tv-audio-please-6341426

No difference then what has been said above.

Fact is: Multichannel Stereo Mode (Full Mode in Sonos Terms) is only available on Playbar with Sonos music played from app (it will not work with the optical input from TV).

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings