Answered

High end distortion on my Play 3 speakers

• 27 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Perhaps it's the source. Digital music a la iTunes and streaming is understandably questionable quality, but I'm finding a high end distortion on many songs in my Play 2 speakers. The same does NOT happen in my car audio, which by the way is a superior sound system. The Play 2 are on stands, but they are very stable. If I had to describe the distortion it would be almost like a constant background of cymbal -- almost a hazy buzzy kind of sound. As I say, I am not getting that from the same songs on a different system. I'm hoping I guess that there's something wrong with my system, or in the setup. Don't know - but it's aggravating. Thanks for the help.
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 27 August 2018, 10:29

You might want to call in to Support on Monday if you can be near the problem Play 3s so you can let Sonos hear what is happening. Do submit a diagnostic first so they can get a look at your system internals.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I'm not familiar with the Play 2 so I can't help there, are you sure that is the model, not 1, 3 or 5?

You can submit a diagnostic from the controller settings section that will let sonos look at your issue, just post the ID number here.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Of course you're right. If I could correct my post to say Play 3 I would - but I don't find any way to do that. thanks for pointing that out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You might want to call in to Support on Monday if you can be near the problem Play 3s so you can let Sonos hear what is happening. Do submit a diagnostic first so they can get a look at your system internals.