Question

HIFI out to Sonos Play1?

• 19 October 2016
  • 1 reply

Hi,

Apologies if this question has already been asked, I am new to Sonos and Wifi speakers in general. I have a Marantz MCR603 which has an audio out in the form of R/L Phono sockets. Am I correct in thinking that If I get a WIFI music receiver/transmitter like the NEET wifi music receiver connected to the house WIFI. I will be able to connect the Sonos Play1 to it, so I can move the speaker from room to room around the house? Or is there a Sonos Wifi connector I need to purchase?

All I basically want to do is play whatever the HIFI is playing to a portable speaker.

Thanks in advance, totally new to this.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

No, the neet won't help, you need a Sonos device with a line-in, currently this is the Sonos Connect, Connect:Amp or Play:5. The Connect is the cheapest option but is still expensive (£270-ish) just to use as a line-in. The Play:5 would give a full speaker but if you already have speakers connected to the marantz there wouldn't be much point in that. Alternatively the connect:amp could do everything the marantz would do (other than play CDs directly) so if you do have existing speakers you could replace the marantz completely with a connect:amp.