Good evening everyone.
This is my first post on here, I’m just looking for some advice as I really don’t know what to do.
I purchased a refurbished Sonos Play:5 Gen 2 and it arrived today. I unpackaged it and set it up in the Sonos app, everything looked great, or so I thought. After playing music for a couple of minutes, the speaker cut off and lost WiFi connectivity, the app stated no connection could be made. I left it for a good 10 minutes, restarted the speaker but nothing worked.
I then tried a factory reset, and I went to set the speaker up in the app again. This is where the issues start. The speaker will not connect to WiFi, no matter what I do. The setup always says this ‘An unexpected error occurred’ when trying to connect to WiFi. This is on an iPhone XR. Things I have tried:
- Several factory resets
- Changing my router
- Power cycling the machine
- Disabling/enabling various settings on my router (Belkin D7000v2)
- Setting up using Ethernet. While this did work, I could still not get the speaker to connect to WiFi using advanced setup. It kept telling me the password was wrong when it clearly wasn’t.
- Using an android device to set it up.
- Deleting the App, and trying both versions with the same result.
- Tried setup on an iPad and iPhone.
- Setting up a hotspot on my phone and trying to set the speaker up using that. Won’t connect to that either.
I really am at a loss and I just don’t know what to do. The most frustrating thing is that the speaker connected fine the first time and the initial set up was fine! But as soon as it disconnected that first time, it will not reconnect to WiFi no matter what I do.
Any help would be extremely appreciated.
Best answer by thomasd221
Diagnostic number is: 2142894734
I have been in touch with Sonos support and they’ve determined it’s faulty so fingers crossed I will be able to get a replacement.