Help - Looking for Advice for Speaker for covered underdeck

• 25 June 2019
  • 1 reply

Please see the picture below of my covered underdeck - in upper middle you can see a white 4 way plug. I plan to mount a TV on the brick wall on an articulating mount. Here's the question - I would like in a perfect world to connect a Sonos speaker to my TV for sound (on the other side of the underdeck is a pool) for both TV sound as well as music when using Sonos (on deck above I have two Def Tech outdoor speakers hard-wired to Connect Amp.

My understanding is that only Sonos 1 and Sonos 5 Gen 2 rated for humid areas (this speaker will be fully covered and even in very heavy rain no water will hit it). However, I have heard mixed reviews for Sonos 5 as TV speaker due to delay. And while I would love to mount a Playbar my understanding is that humidity will affect it (I live in Atlanta so we get heat and humidity in the summer).

Any advice/suggestions/recommendations will be greatly appreciated - thanks!

1 reply

In all honesty, if you're going to have a TV outside (not only humidty, but heat/cold, etc), then I wouldn't recommend any Sonos speakers. If it was for just music, I'd recommend the Sonance speakers that Sonos is a reseller of, along with a Sonos Amp to drive them, but there really aren't any good outside solutions in the Sonos stable for outside TV use.