Answered

Help Freebox mini 4K / Sonos One

• 2 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello

I would like to know whether it is possible to connect a Freebox mini 4K to one (or possibly two) Sonos One wireless? I would like the sound of my TV programs (that are managed by the Freebox player, which itself is connected to my TV with an HDMI cable) to be played by the Sonos One speakers. Can it be done? Does it require any specific additional device?

Thanks a lot for your help.

SonosNovice

---------------------------

Bonjour,

J’aimerais connecter ma Freebox mini 4K à une (voire potentiellement 2) enceintes Sonos One sans fil. J’aimerais en effet pouvoir regarder la télé tout en profitant du son directement sur les enceintes Sonos One, et si possible sans fil (simplement via le réseau WiFi). Ma télé est connectée au player Freebox par un câble HDMI, mais le son provient aussi de la télé. Est-il possible de le faire sortir par les enceintes à la place ? Est-ce que cela nécessite un appareil complémentaire ?

Merci pour votre aide.

SonosNovice

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 2 March 2020, 22:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

No, that’s possible.  The Sonos One can play audio directly from a streaming source, local music library, another Sonos product, or from an airplay source.  Also, it is not designed to play audio in sync with video.

Hello

I would like to know whether it is possible to connect a Freebox mini 4K to one (or possibly two) Sonos One wireless? I would like the sound of my TV programs (that are managed by the Freebox player, which itself is connected to my TV with an HDMI cable) to be played by the Sonos One speakers. Can it be done? Does it require any specific additional device?

Thanks a lot for your help.

SonosNovice

---------------------------

It’s not directly possible.

Ideally you would need to add a Sonos Home Theatre product to your TV, such as…

• Playbar
  • Beam
  • Amp
  • Playbase 

...and play the audio from the Freebox mini 4K to one of those, via the TV. You can also play the audio then to a Sonos One, or any Sonos device, via the Sonos App.

Thanks for your help. You have saved me precious time.

Best regards