headset icon always present

The headset icon is always present even without headphones and I can not hear the sound on one of the two play 5

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi paomed

Welcome to the Community!

Could you submit a Diagnostic and reply with the number.

If there is nothing connected to the headphone socket, shine a light into the socket and make sure there isn't any foreign objects in there, it would be worth giving it a blast with some high pressure air, as something might have got stuck in the socket which is causing the speaker to think there is a cable attached.

Do let us know how you get on.

Many thanks
MIne have the same problem. Any solution?
I have the same issue.
I think is the 3.5mm jack faulty issue. But strange enough is that Sonos local dealer does not provide repair services. They said if I bought the products from them and still under waranty they will replace the unit for me. So mean I have to throw away my current unit? Poor after service product...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I think is the 3.5mm jack faulty issue. But strange enough is that Sonos local dealer does not provide repair services. They said if I bought the products from them and still under waranty they will replace the unit for me. So mean I have to throw away my current unit? Poor after service product...

Suggest you follow the advice of the Sonos rep above AND call Sonos. They don't offer a repair service but they will likely offer a replacement unit at a significant discount.