Headphones

• 9 January 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6
Can Sonos introduce an Headphone ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Unlikely
Badge +20
They even removed the headphone socket from the Play 5 gen 2, so as Stuart says Unlikely
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
Once one get used to have Sonos every room like me, Sonos become the music source home. If I have to use and headphone , I have to connect to something different. My idea was a Sonos wireless Headphone, so I could keep sonos app to stream everything, and on top use the headphone to whatch TV in my bedroom while my wife sleeps. As I have a playbar, what's more practical to divert the TV sound from the TV to the headphone ??
Given the line-out on the CONNECT devices, it's relatively easy to connect your own headphones to the Sonos ecosystem. The first gen PLAY:5 had a headphone out, but Sonos dropped it on the gen 2, which is a pretty good indicator that they're not terribly interested in personal audio, in my opinion. But for a moderate investment, you can certainly get to where you want to be.
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
But I news a long cable ! How practical woukd ne ti listen the Tv with a wireless one !
With the CONNECT's analog audio output, you could easily hook up a wireless headphone.