Answered

grubby child hands on arc

• 2 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Does anyone have any good solutions for cleaning the grill of the arc from child induced peanut butter smeared into it?

icon

Best answer by buzz 2 October 2021, 14:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge

Sellotape/sticky tape. Gently lay it on the grill so you don’t press it in further and the peel off.   This is what I did on my Move that had cake mixture on it!!  This got most of it, last few stubborn bits required puckering up and sucking. Vacuum probably would have worked as well but I didn’t think of that.

Thanks buzz, grill facing down is a good idea

Userlevel 7

From Sonos:

Clean only with dry soft cloth. Household cleaners or solvents can damage the finish on your Sonos components.

Try not to push any goo further into the holes. Before the peanut butter dries, try using a vacuum cleaner to empty the holes, then use a detergent dampened rag to remove surface deposits. You’ll probably then need another session with the vacuum cleaner. I’d want to work with the grill facing down in order to discourage anything from migrating to the speakers. You may need to find a small round shaft to poke open some holes. Do this after the vacuum cleaner attack and before the peanut butter dries.