Grouping Speakers - No Grouping Option

• 16 October 2013
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
I have a TV sound bar and play 1 speaker. Both items were added to the Sonos system and are activated however I am unable to group them.
I have Living room 1 and Room 2. When I go to either of the rooms in rooms menu it is not giving me the "group" option. I tried several times.

Any ideas how to fix this problem? I have no clue why "grouping" option is not coming up in either of the rooms settings.

Any help will be appreciated!
Paul

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Welcome to the forums.

Which Sonos controller are you using? There ought to be a "Group" button on the Rooms menu to the right of each room name.
Userlevel 2
I am using the latest version of the Sonos controller, I uploaded it on my I-phone 4 days ago when I first got my Tv play bar. The "Group" button doesn't exist in "my" the room menu and right of each of the rooms...very strange.
We are talking about the menu you see when you tap the little house symbol bottom right of the Now Playing screen?

Try completely exiting the Sonos app. You'll need to double-click Home and then remove it.

If on a restart you still have problems all I can suggest is to uninstall it and re-download from the App Store.
Userlevel 2
I will definitely try to reinstall it and download it again when I get home tonight. Hopefully it will resole the problem.
Ratty I have this problem also. I have no grouping option on my Sonos iPad controller - I have the latest software update . Version 6.3.2. I have screenshot the 2 speakers I have with no mention of grouping ! The second screenshot is when I tap the room ( again no mention of grouping ) help !!!!
Ratty I have this problem also. I have no grouping option on my Sonos iPad controller - I have the latest software update . Version 6.3.2. I have screenshot the 2 speakers I have with no mention of grouping ! The second screenshot is when I tap the room ( again no mention of grouping ) help !!!!
You're in room settings. Go back to the Now Playing screen and hit the room name at the top. In the drop-down menu, hit GROUP.
Ratty your a star - all done sorry for the volley of ? This morning but with a bbq looming today with the possibly of no sound was getting a bit daunting , cheers
Thanks this was really helpful we've been wracking our brains trying to work out this grouping thing! Great 😉