Question

Grouping

• 12 June 2016
  • 6 replies

Why do my speakers in group when not in use needing me to re group each time I turn them back on ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge +1
Probably network related (my AP switches off/on every night for a few hours and in the morning any grouping I previously did is disband). Anyway, Sonos need to work on this grouping thing because it's just ridiculous how dumb current system is.

I agree. Groups should remained grouped. How hard is it for the players or system to "remember"
Badge
Probably network related (my AP switches off/on every night for a few hours and in the morning any grouping I previously did is disband). Anyway, Sonos need to work on this grouping thing because it's just ridiculous how dumb current system is.
Ok thanks , I think it's my BT router then as its a multi channel thing, and seems to be trying to be to clever but not working.
You have network issues then. If I have a set of rooms grouped they stay grouped until either I switch them off or I ungroup them deliberately. Loss of communication between Sonos devices is the only other reason for players to ungroup.
thank for your response..when i say turn off i don't mean power down from the plug ,i mean turn the music off . when turning back on later that day i have to re group the rooms as it only comes back on in one .
Sonos devices aren't intended to be repeatedly turned off, so temporary arrangements such as grouping are held in ram which is cleared when powered off.