Answered

Group non-Airplay Products is not available

• 11 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi!

I have a Sonos amp in my outside patio and two Sonos Ones as a stereo pair in my living room. I used to be able to group them all directly on my iPhone with my Apple TV that is connected to a receiver in another room, and they would a play music in the whole apartment. That option stopped working all of a sudden. I did a little googling and found about this “Group non-AirPlay Products option” so I anxiously went to check… but in my Sonos app that switch is greyed out and I can’t toggle it. Can someone please help?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 December 2021, 14:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The Amp and Sonos Ones are all Airplay capable - so there are no non-Airplay products and that’s why the option you mention is greyed out. I think you perhaps might solve your issue by rebooting your router and/or players instead.

Just AirPlay to one Sonos ‘room’ and group the other using the Sonos controller app. The grouping should prove to be more reliable. 

Thanks everyone! The grouping started working again all by itself! :)