Greetings

Greetings from a new Play:5 owner (from Italy)! Just received mine this morning and I am pretty surprised of the sound, amazing at the first glance with default settings.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Have you done trueplay tuning yet?
Not yet, DHL arrived at 8:30, setup in 10 minutes, 5 minutes to try and then go to my work office ....I will play with true play this evening. The first overal impression is excellent with my favourite song. I usually listen with earbuds (Shure Pro Series) and Bose...well pretty impressive and far superior than my old Bose Docker.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I don't think trueplay makes as huge a difference with the Play:5 as some of the smaller speakers. Of course its room dependent so some may find the difference more dramatic.
I will make some tests. Play:5 sits in a central position in my living room (40sqm), beneath the TV connected wired to my Cisco SG350 switch within a dedicated VLAN for media (2 NAS, Media Players, PS4, TVs).
When you can, see how good two of them, set up as a stereo pair, sound!
Well, after near 1000 songs played, with default and True Play I can say the unit is awesome and I will stay with True Play settings.
I am also satisfied about Line-In performances (Source is TV), autoplay works flawlessly and levels are pretty fine.
When you can, see how good two of them, set up as a stereo pair, sound!
I think I will buy another 😃
Lol. Remember to run Trueplay again when you set them up as a stereo pair. And before you do, try them in both vertical and horizontal modes to see what sounds better to you in your room.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings