Answered

going blutooth away from your home wifi

• 6 September 2019
  • 8 replies

How do I use the system away from my hom wifi..can I use this like a bluetooth speaker, and how?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 6 September 2019, 18:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

They added Bluetooth to one speaker, not the Sonos ecosystem. If you're using the Move in Bluetooth mode, it's not connected to the rest of your Sonos speakers.
Do you know how to configure the Play 5..I dont have the Sonos move player just the Play 5.

Thanks so much

You will need to configure Autoplay on the line-in before removing the Play:5 from the home. Then plug any analog output into the 3.5 mm miniplug line-in and it will play on the Play:5.

Configuring Autoplay on Line-In
Just to add: a source wired to the Play:5's (suitably configured) Line-In could be a Bluetooth receiver.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Wow it took over a year to finally add bluetooth? Funny how all the fanboys were like if you want bluetooth get a bluetooth speaker not a Sonos.
Wow it took over a year to finally add bluetooth? Funny how all the fanboys were like if you want bluetooth get a bluetooth speaker not a Sonos.

They didn't add Bluetooth. They made a single battery operated speaker Bluetooth capable, and only for use when disconnected from the Sonos network. There is still no way to play Bluetooth sources to Sonos connected speakers.

So the advice still applies, except now you have a Bluetooth speaker that switches between Bluetooth and Sonos mode.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Ok so you're saying they still didn't listen to what the consumers want...interesting. I skimmed a few replies and have already read a few ppl mentioning using play5 with bluetooth receiver to input. Why cant they just release a play one with the Bluetooth incorporated in the speaker? And call it play blue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Bobby, if you get the new Sonos Move, there's a button on the back that'll switch it to Bluetooth mode allowing you to pair it with your mobile device or computer and play your device's audio to it. No other Sonos speaker has Bluetooth for audio built into it.

If you have a Play:5, you can configure the line-in to automatically play on input within the settings. Once you've done that, you can bring it outside the home and power it up, then it'll play the line-in whenever you have something plugged in.
Do you know how to configure the Play 5..I dont have the Sonos move player just the Play 5.

Thanks so much