Question

Frustrating Move and battery life

• 6 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Yesterday, I took the Move away from WiFi and used it as a Bluetooth speaker. The first annoyance is that it only lasted 7 hours.

Secondly, once I was back home to WiFi, I had to go through the whole process of setup again, including creating a temporary Sonos WiFi and then entering the router password.

Are both of these irritants normal?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @James_84.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

For Sonos move battery will last for up to 11 hours of uninterrupted playback at a moderate volume.

Typically WiFi will require more battery power than Bluetooth, however battery life can be impacted by a number of factors including pausing, volume, heat exposure, and use of voice controls. 

And your move should not originate again from scratch when trying to reconnect to the same wifi network unless it was a factory data reset.

So to fix this issue try to reset the move just to refresh the system, You don't need to do this often just for us to see if there will be some changes with the battery life and how it will reconnect again to the wifi once you used the Bluetooth.

Observe the device provably for several days.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.