Forgot To Reset Sold Sonos

• 12 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi everyone,

After some advice here.

I recently had 2 Sonos in ceiling speakers installed and sold my 2 existing Sonos Ones being used as surrounds. This is something I’ve done many times now and I’ve always remembered to reset the Sonos before sending.

For some reason I had a brain snap and have mailed these 2 speakers but forgotten to reset them (I only remembered afterwards). What is the best way to ensure my account details aren’t immediately available to the new owner? Is it best to reset all my passwords?

I’m kicking myself on how stupid I was to forget this, but would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Yes, it’s pretty much the only way to confirm that. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Yes, change your music service passwords. You can also suggest that the new owner Factory Reset the units before setting up or adding to an existing system.

Here are a few more suggestions.

Thanks, I messaged the buyer and I believe he might have done it as the 2 speakers are no longer appearing as registered to me when I log into my Sonos online account.

Would the speakers no longer showing on my Sonos account online be the best way of knowing whether they have been reset?

Yes, change your music service passwords. You can also suggest that the new owner Factory Reset the units before setting up or adding to an existing system.

Here are a few more suggestions.