Answered

Flush Power Cables

• 13 October 2018
  • 4 replies

I have just bought 2 sonos ones. They seem to work OK, though I'm still getting used to them.
However, the power socket cannot be pushed far enough into the connector in the base of the
speaker to allow it to sit flush.
The speakers therefore rock on the power cable sockets and do not sit firmly on the speakers four feet,
which i'm assuming is what they are supposed to do.
I do not want to force the socket any more than I already have.

Anyone any ideas?
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 14 October 2018, 00:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Look for extra “flashing” left over from manufacturing that might be getting in the way, and if there is, clean it off. It’s a very tight fit anyway, it does require a like force to get it seated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
A very light touch of dry silicone lube on the outside of the cord's connector may help. Don't put any on the speaker or inside the connector! I'd spray it on my finger and transfer it to the plug to avoid oopsies.
Thanks for your suggestions guys. I'll investigate them today and hopefully between them they'll work. 🙂
Don’t be afraid of firm pressure.....you’re not going to be unplugging the cable from the speaker frequently. 😉