Answered

Flexson Stands for Sonos Five

• 18 June 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Will the Flexson stands designed for the Gen 2 Play:5 work with the new Sonos Five?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 18 June 2020, 21:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

I don’t think there’s been any change to the exterior case, only the internals, so yes, it should. You may want to ask the folks at Flexson, they’ve been extremely responsive when I’ve contacted them in the past.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Airgetlam is correct, the stand for the Play:5 gen2 will work perfectly for the Sonos Five, the sizes haven’t changed.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have two white fives on back-order & want to buy the flexson premium white with oak finish (not sure why sonos dont sell them here).

Since the white fives are now all white unlike the play5 black grill on white, the flexson arm that holds the speaker securely is black which i think would catch my eye in a bad way.

I contacted flexson (spoke to a guy called Chris) who said they intended on releasing an updated premium version that resolves this in mid July (they have yet to answer an email query on the same subject from 3 weeks ago so i just phoned instead).

The current premium black and white are all out of stock and from he said, would not be back in stock on flexson website.

At £200 a stand they are not cheap, combined with two fives it stings a little!

Sonos have not made contact to stock them though at the time i called last week.

Since my sonos order is not due until end of July i am hoping something new from flexson will be available but i am not at all confident of having these in time.

Badge

I spoke to Flexson recently to ask a similar question recently. They were very helpful. I learned two things:

1. The Play:5 and the Five are the same size and so stands / wall mounts will work for both

B. Flexson are planning to release an “all-white” vertical mount over the next few months 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I spoke to Flexson again today, was told it would be early September for premium stands to be "back in stock".

Wether that is play 5 stands or a new upgrade stand for the all white five i don't think he knew so just wait and see i guess.

Maybe someone from Sonos knows the plan ....restock the premium play 5/five stands or we can expect an updates white to match white five

I have new fives but holding out for these stands 

I have Flexson stands for my rear Sonos ones but am eying the Vogel stand for my stereo paired 5’s.

Badge

I bought 2x of the Flexson stands at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MSW9SY8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 -- this is the best price I found online. They arrived a few days later, and it took me about 20 minutes to assemble them for my pair of Sonus Fives. Although the stands don’t provide as secure of a hold on the speakers in the vertical position compared to horizontal, I am not concerned at all because in my room, the speakers are placed close to corners and the only way the speakers can be knocked out of the stands, they would need to be pushed from behind, which would not happen in my case.

Anyone knows where to get the Flexson p5-pfs Premium floor stand for sonos play 5? The white one with glass base and oak on vertical stand?

Flexson.com?