Question

Fitness Sound System

• 19 December 2014
  • 4 replies

I am looking at the play 5 system as a basis for a Fitness Sound System for a Fitness Studio of about 1800 square feet. My question is if can the system both play music and also allow the instructor to speak through a wireless microphone system at the same time with the music still playing or is that even possible. Do I need a separate Sonos system for the wireless microphone.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Jack,

The players can only play one input at a time. It can have a song playing but as soon as you want to use the line-in it will stop the song, switch to the line in, and won't switch back until manually told to do so. You can use a second player as the line-in speaker and have the first playing continually. You'd want to setup a line-in autoplay as described on our PLAY:5 on the go page here.

Please note that there might be a delay in the audio between the instructor's voice and the speaker as the audio gets converted before it plays.

Thanks
Can a wireless Mic be used on the Play 1 or 3 that do not have a line in?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No you have to have an input.  There is an iphone app that lets you speak through the speakers via the phone but don't believe that would be good for your use (better as like a home intercom PA announcement method).
Looking to do the same thing (setup play 5 as speakers for fitness studio and use a mic and mixer). Curious to see if this can now be accomplished through the Sonos AMP or Sonos Connect?