Answered

Feature suggestion: Disable button for stolen devices

• 5 February 2020
  • 3 replies

I had a house break in on Saturday and they took all my Sonos devices. They left the iPads and other devices they know can be bricked or located.

My suggestion is that Sonos have a button next to each device registered to the account where you can enable it as stolen. Sonos can then not allow it to be registered elsewhere. If you land up selling it you do nothing.

The benefit of this is that the thieves will get to know this to be the case and the items become worthless. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by John B 5 February 2020, 10:39

I would definitely contact Sonos directly. It should  (I would have thought) be possible for Sonos to identify when these units are registered to another account.

Sorry to hear about this.

View original

3 replies

I would definitely contact Sonos directly. It should  (I would have thought) be possible for Sonos to identify when these units are registered to another account.

Sorry to hear about this.

Although I expect that they would need to be contacted by the local Police. Certainly a good idea to initialize by contacting Sonos first, though.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Sorry to hear about the theft. The Trade-in process demonstrates that SONOS is technically capable to disable the devices. However, I would suggest to contact the Police first and report the theft.