Feature Request: Group rooms with alarm

• 8 January 2015
  • 62 replies

Userlevel 3
It would be great to see alarms play on pre-grouped rooms, but not using the "Include in grouped rooms" setting as I am likely to change grouping throughout the day, and so when the alarm goes off it doesn't work for me, that it plays on the my previous days groups.

It is also not ideal to set several alarms playing the same source (in my case TuneIn radio), as it is massively out of sync.

I think this would be a huge benefit as did your engineer when I spoke to them earlier.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

62 replies

This is definitely something that is long overdue. I've recently reconfigured my setup by adding a considerable amount of players, and find it very frustrating that there's no way to select a group of players when setting an alarm.
Please add that.
I’m also surprised this still isn’t possible. Happy to beta test this 🙂
@Sonos, do we have any update here? This is getting almost a joke... Basic functionality, still not available. What do we need to do? A worldwide petition? Guys, seriously....
My alarms are out of sync and it's totally annoying. Just registered for the forums to relay my disappointment.
Sonos-

Been using Sonos for over a decade and have seen the product evolution over time. I just wanted to voice my opinion on the importance of the alarm feature. Sonos isn’t just a complicated smart speaker but a solution for whole house audio in the new era of smart homes. The alarm feature is not just a simple feature that should not warrant your attention, but you need to think bigger about why customers want this feature. Customers want to do more with their devices such as schedule music during times of the day. In the era of smart homes sonos seems incredibly out of touch with the needs of their main target audience. This feature evolves the sonos from just a whole house speaker that you can turn on and off in rooms to a whole house music experience where you can schedule music in different rooms to remind you of certain times of day. You can schedule your favorite upbeat music in the afternoon to remind you of raising your energy late in the day. You can schedule your kids favorite music to turn on to remind them that it’s getting close to bed time. You can play whole house party music in the morning to get you energetic before the work day etc etc etc. alarms are not just about setting music to play in a room but easily and seamlessly experiencing audio “scheduled” through out your “whole house” audio system.

You should be able to set multiple speakers easily in the alarm and set the time ON and time OFF and what input/source to play. This must happen or sonos will be left behind with the growing smart home market.

Sonos- please look towards the future on how people use your devices. Otherwise I fear you will be obsolete with the smart home trend that is becoming more and more commonplace. Thanks for reading.
This alarm-sync-failure-thing is a real dealbreaker. It's incredible this is 3 years after the first request not resolved. I recommend people to search for other brands until this is resolved. I'm sorry to have extended my system with multiple speakers. Shame on you Sonos!
This alarm-sync-failure-thing is a real dealbreaker. It's incredible this is 3 years after the first request not resolved. I recommend people to search for other brands until this is resolved. I'm sorry to have extended my system with multiple speakers. Shame on you Sonos!

Could you tell me which other brand has this feature?
Yup. This is annoying me now that I have a beam that breaks the group as soon as someone turns on the tv
Just turn off the "auto play" feature in the room settings, and it won't change unless you choose to do so.
Just turn off the "auto play" feature in the room settings, and it won't change unless you choose to do so. that doesn’t behave like we would hope because then the tv broadcasts over all the speakers. I use the beam as part of whole home sound so I’d like it to come on when scheduling music to play everywhere, 4:30 when we get home. Since you can’t choose more than one speaker for an alarm, you need the group, but the group is broken up when the tv comes on in the evening.

I like the beam but regret that I didn’t get a regular sound bar
Badge
Three years on and still not a function. Definitely should be.