[Feature Request] Beam - Speech enhancement and reduce loud sounds based on time.

• 6 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Ive just bought a beam and it’s great.

But I’m surprised that it’s quite fiddly to enable “reduce loud sounds” or “speech enhancement”.

From what I can see they stay enabled when selected, but that then means you have to remember to switch them off when not needed.

I’d like these to work more like settings on a mobile phone - ie based on either time of day or with some sort of scheduling option like night modes in many iOS apps.

Personally I’d have both options enabled from 7pm to 7am.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

A suggesting I have seen before, so I presume Sonos are aware and it is a good idea. ?

Meanwhile you can currently voice-control those features “ON” as shown below, where ‘Dining Room’ is the Beams Room Name in the examples provided:

"Switch to Night Mode on Dining Room" to turn on night mode via voice.
"Switch to Speech Enhancement mode on Dining Room" to turn on speech enhancement via voice.
"Set mode to TV on Dining Room” to switch to TV mode via any Alexa speaker. This will work the same as "Switch to TV", but may work better from other Alexa devices, not just ones paired with the player.

Sadly, we still have to use the App to turn off these features, but it’s still useful to be aware of these new commands.