Extremely impressed with Sonos quality and richness!

Listened to all the major brands before purchasing, and for me, Sonos is far superior especially for clarity and dynamic range! Spent hours over the holidays listening to my favourite music and discovering (hearing) aspects of songs that I never knew existed. If you like jazz and want to showcase the speakers - try Cyrus Chestnut - Earth Stories. Just amazing!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Badge
Welcome to the Sonos community. I can't get enough of the Sonos sound and it becomes a fun but expensive addiction. What model of Sonos speaker did you go with?
Went the distance with the Play:5!
If you like jazz and want to showcase the speakers
I became a convert to the convenience of Sonos when I discovered that jazz, with all its nuances, is delivered just as well by Sonos kit as it was by legacy hifi kit from my audiophile days. In addition to convenience is the much wider window that Sonos opens into the world of music; I am now able to listen to artistes from the 50s/60s that I did not even know about earlier.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Doering, first class jazz album tip. Playing it on my CONNECT:AMP (ZP120) + Mission M30 Spkrs + SUB rig. As you say, the sound is "just amazing"!
In which case, try his Tribute to Duke Ellington...with Renee Rosnes on the piano as well, with a classy bass/drum support.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
My Napster did not come up with your recommendation, Kumar. But I stumbled upon "A Tribute to Duke Ellington and Glenn Miller" by the Gordon Franks Orchestra. The music itself is wonderful, but I hear a background rumble which is mildly annoying, probably down to my superb Sonos SUB emphasising the low frequencies! Also what sounds like needle clicks at "Mood Indigo". All sounds very vinyl!
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Picking up on the above thread I'm now listening to Earth Stories in my office, albeit over "blootoofe" to my now redundant Spaced 360 speaker. I know what I'll be filling the house with tonight when her indoors is out for a committee meeting 😳
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
So nice to read a thread from a very happy customer rather than the usual whinging about why it doesn't do this, that etc.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Yes isn't it just. Can't help but feel you have more than "a very happy customer" on this thread though!
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
And to think that the thread would have been even nicer without any mention of whining customers
Badge
The play 5 is great. The second gen I have is in the kitchen and definitely fills the space. I do all the cooking and kind of laugh when people talk about the amazon echo sounding good. I like the idea of talking to a speaker and maybe Sonos will take it there, but until than I will use the kitchen ipad and Apple Watch as a controller to select music for a grade A speaker
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Filled the house with Cyrus Chestnut last night - WOW, such a great sound. Also hard wired one of the Play 1's into the switch and got the Sonos mesh net operational. Seems to have a made a difference to the stability, time will tell.
@R3SKT ... Glad you discovered and liked Cyrus Chestnut! Now you have to think about getting a Sonos speaker into your office!
There is so much great jazz out there including many many recordings that are mastered well enough for Sonos to render the content beautifully. And wiring one unit to the router is always recommended for stability where that is an issue.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Yes the Play 5 2nd Gen is special. Sonos engineered a beauty with this one. Haven't bought one yet but would love many sprinkled throughout my home.