Answered

existing sonos 1 and 3 will not connect

• 14 October 2019
  • 3 replies

we have 2 Sonos 3 and 1 Sonos 1 speakers in our home which have all worked beautifully until yesterday. For no apparent reason all speakers disconnected from the network. By following the instructions in the Find existing speakers option ( apologies if that's not the exact wording) i have managed to get one of them back connected, but even when using an Ethernet cable and attaching the speakers directly to the network two of the others, a 3 and 1 just will not connect. interestingly the 3 still played music but was not visible in rooms when i went to it in the app. so it played, but i could not control it, or even see it.

The speakers are clearly attached/recognised somehow as pushing the buttons on top of the units to make the lights flash amber, makes the app move forward to the next "trying to connect" screen, but nothing happens beyond that.
I noticed this morning that the one that did reconnect d is very crackly and drops in and out very briefly for a second every now and then. Is it possible the router or the Bridge needs replacing?
I cant think of anything else, especially as the distances etc. from the bridge to the speakers remains constant. The only thing we did yesterday morning was change radio station.
This issue occurs on both my phone and my tablet and also on my wifes phone and table t so i cant believe all four devices went at the same time.
Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 14 October 2019, 17:01

Yes it could be an issue with your Bridge. The power supply voltage may be fluctuating due to age etc. 

If possible, try wiring the Play: 1 in place of the Bridge, just to see if that resolves your issue, or you may want to consider doing away with a wired Sonos device altogether and run the entire Sonos System on your routers WiFi instead… see the link below, which explain how to switch the system over to wireless (WiFi) mode.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3209

View original

3 replies

Yes it could be an issue with your Bridge. The power supply voltage may be fluctuating due to age etc. 

If possible, try wiring the Play: 1 in place of the Bridge, just to see if that resolves your issue, or you may want to consider doing away with a wired Sonos device altogether and run the entire Sonos System on your routers WiFi instead… see the link below, which explain how to switch the system over to wireless (WiFi) mode.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3209

Thanks - i’ll certainly give this a go this eveing when i get home and let you know what happens. Appreciate the help. 

sorted. thanks very much for pointing us in the right direction.