Answered

Does the Sonos one have the same moisture resistance as the play 1?

• 26 October 2017
  • 9 replies

I currently have a play 1 in the far corner of my bathroom and it fills the room great. Its moisture resistance also means I've had zero humidity issues. The only drawback is you obviously can't start hitting the buttons or your phone when showering or anything.

This meant i was excited to hear the Sonos one had alexa inbuilt, as voice control music is perfect for the bathroom.

Unfortunately i can't find anything that says the Sonos one does/doesn't provide the same moisture resistance the play 1 does. Does anybody know?

The microphone holes do also cause some concern as I'd understand if they scuppered my plans, but here's hoping.
icon

Best answer by Skelton 26 October 2017, 22:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

It claims to have the same level of protection as the play 1, and the new play 5. I suspect this will be a standard feature of all such products henceforth.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Correct.

Humidity resistant
Designed to be moisture resistant, Sonos One streams your favorite songs in music starved places like bathrooms and outdoor patios. All you need is Wi-Fi and a power source.
Can't believe i missed that, amazing news, thanks! My bathroom dream lives on!
Badge
i saw the quote from Sonos on how the speaker is humidity proof but i am an expert in waterproofing and opened up the speaker and found the board right underneath the top of the speaker with the holes exposing the component under it. how is this protected, i also dont see any protection on the inside boards for any protection treatment like what we do. example check out our site or see the youtube video we have showing the inside of the sonos one. by searching Paryloc sonos. i would like to know the testing that was done on the speaker and by whom did the testing and the rating that it was labeled. you just cant go out to the public and make a statement like this without proof.
Sonos is only going to display those that leave good comments here not ones that are true
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Sonos is only going to display those that leave good comments here not ones that are true
Hi Envision, I restored the post above that I assume you were referring to. The account wasn't banned and doesn't look like it is now either, but when the same comment is placed on year+ old threads we will remove the excess posts as there's no need to spam the community everywhere the same topic comes up. Also, we don't allow for linking to third-party sites in the attempt to drive views, this falls under our keep it spam free directive on the code of conduct.

Regarding the humidity proofing, I don't know what to tell you other than the fact that the unit is rated for high humidity usage. It's certainly not waterproof, which we never say it is, and I wouldn't suggest spraying it with a hose, but the Sonos One, and Play:1 are rated within the industry standards.
I like that but who was the third party that the product was sent out for insuring that it is humidity controlled like if i place them outdoors under a patio near the beach that has alot of humidity and moisture in the air. i know as he stated casings are not protection from humidity even i know that. do you do anything special on the insides to protect it. i see the site and its quite impressing with waterproofing the internals i really like the Sonos brand but would like the truth.