Answered

does sonos connect work with JUST an external power amp?

• 6 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge
hello, i was wondering if the new sonos connect i bought works hooked up to my Anthem MCA-5 external power amp?

I know it would be better with a home theatre or stereo reliever but will this setup work and if so what do i need to hook up to make sure i don't blow the amp or the speakers (which are gonna be brand new)?

thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 6 January 2019, 04:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
As long as your amp has RCA, optical or coax inputs the connect will hook to it.

With no preamp to control volume start off with the Sonos volume at or near zero.
Badge
thank you for the very quick response-do i put it in variable or fixed mode to be safe and not blow the amp or speakers? I am confused on what the difference is..

also, are the inputs you recommended the ones that the wires that came with the connect are?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Fixed mode is 100% full volume, not what you want. Variable has an internal volume control circuit enabled so you can pick from 0% to 100% which is what you want.

I don't know your amp or speaker setup but if the maximum volume is too loud and you fear for your speakers there is a maximum volume limit you can set so you won't accidentally get them too loud.