Answered

Does putting Sonos One on standby turn off the wifi

• 5 July 2019
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies
I want to turn off my Sonos One at night because of the status light - which is constantly on - in the bedroom. I have read that this is impossible short of turning off the plug.

Two questions:

• Does putting this on standby disable the wifi?
  • I would like to find a way to shut down the wifi but again, it seems that this can only be disabled via ethernet cable and the app.
Feature request:

Can SONOS allow users to disable the wifi via the app, so we don't need to have a constant active wifi when we don't need it...

Any other workarounds appreciated.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by SkiBuddy 5 July 2019, 12:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I don't understand the question in regard to a link between the Status Light and dissabling WIFI.

You can toggle the Status Light on and off by enabling “White Status Light” under “Room Settings” in the Sonos Controller app.

You can't put a Sonos device into Standby. Sonos is designed to be instantly on and ready to play at a moment's notice. It uses less electricity when idle and not actively playing music but it wouldn't shut down Wifi otherwise it wouldn't be instantly available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
SkiBuddy is correct. To help clarify, there are two LEDs on top of the Sonos One, there's the small LED indicating microphone power, and the larger one indicating that the unit is getting power (and other statuses). You can turn off the larger LED in the settings, as described above. The microphone light can't be turned off without turning off the microphone, and is done by simply tapping on the top of the unit on the microphone symbol. This is a privacy feature.