Answered

Does it matter which way I lay the Sub down?

• 29 March 2020
  • 3 replies

So I laid my sub horizontally a while back. I laid it with the logo facing down (same as the picture in the quick start guide). Now, after reading the manual it says that the Sonos logo should be facing up. Does this really matter or is it purely cosmetic? I don’t want to damage internal components if the logo is truly supposed to be facing upward. 

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 29 March 2020, 22:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @firecracker96 

The sub as you know is open on both sides. So in my untested opinion I see no other reason than cosmetics for the logo to face up.  However, I’m no sound engineer and I didn’t design the Sonos Sub. If you want a definitve answer I’d call Sonos Tech Support.

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply!! I inspected the sub and it does appear that there is a seam on the non-logo side. This leads me to believe that it is indeed cosmetic. I flipped it so that the sonos logo is up now and I notice no difference in sound. 

P.S. for those reading, those felt pads are NOT reusable. I got them off with a fair amount of ease but I lost all of the adhesive. Be sure you have extra if you decide to change the orientation. 

Acoustically I don’t think that it matters, there may be a difference for the internal electronics heat management.