Question

Does heat damage Sonos players?

• 3 May 2017
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos player 3 next to a big window. It gets really really hot their because of the sun at this time of the year and I was wondering if it could damage the Sonos player.
It would kinda suck to change the position (by far best position^^), but I don't want to damage it (it was kinda expensive for me :p)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8
Heat can damage any electronic device.
From the Operating Instructions .pdf found here on this website for the Play:3:

7. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus that
produce heat.

and

Operating Temperature 32º to 104º F (0º to 40º C)
Storage Temperature 4º to 158º F (-20º to 70º C)

I'd think that a window location wouldn't be horrible, depending on how hot it really gets in that space.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I have a Play 5 installed in my conservatory for the last 4 years and has worked perfectly - this does get very warm during the summer, even in the UK! I have to admit though that during the summer, when not being used I move it to the floor so it's not directly in sunlight. it's a white model so that may help as well.:D
Install a curtain or a blind?