Disappointed with Playbase announcement. Wanted a mid-range playbase.

• 25 March 2017
  • 1 reply

The reason I haven't bought a Playbar wasn't because it was a bar. The Playbase is another high end home theater speaker in a different form. I was really hoping Sonos would create a Playbase in the $350 range. One that would be suitable for bedrooms or apartments. Now you have to choose between two very expensive Sonos solutions or a suitable soundbase from someone else that is not part of your Sonos system. If you want Sonos in that room you would then have to buy a separate (and redundant) speaker.

Please Sonos, have some empathy for your enthusiasts that can't or won't plunk down $700 for a TV speaker.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Hi gizmojunky.

I hear you, but given the competitiveness of the soundbar market, I'd think we can expect Sonos to continue to work hard to maintain an exceptional "higher-end" quality product that matches the rest of their line-up and integrates to the "All the music in the world in every room of your house" marketing message.

I think a less expensive TV audio offering, that would necessitate lessor audio breadth or quality (essentially a lower-standard product - kinda like a Play 3 playing TV audio) simply would water-down the quality image of Sonos (IMO). I can't see that happening... but ya never know 🙂