Detailed Technical Specs of Sonos One (2nd Generation)

• 3 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi
I'm a user of several Sonos speakers from Sri Lanka. recently I have purchased a Sonos One (2nd gen) from amazon via a delivery agent (myus.com). My speaker has arrived and held at customs pending clearance. since it's a wifi enabled device I am required to furnish the following technical details to the Telecommunication and regulatory commission of Sri Lanka for them to issue me a approval letter.

1. Frequency
  2. Tx Output (in dBm)
  3. Antenna Gain
since the available technical specs from the website does not include the required details, I wrote to Sonos support team to obtain those details. They tell me that they are not available and Sonos would not tell me as it's sensitive information.

Could someone here will be give me the answers to the above 3 parameters re: Sonos One (2nd gen) ...?

Thanking in Advance

Buddhika Senasekera

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Do they think it's something different than a loudspeaker?
Dear spydrwebb,

That was my question too .... but since it's a wireless enabled device, they want to make sure that it is not exceeding the allowable parameters for personal/home use.
Contact Sonos support directly, the address to use is on the contact page, it may vary by country so check the flag icon.

Send them a scanned PDF copy of the customs document.

Thanks Stanley ....
I have written to Sonos twice, but the same answer ..!
Yesterday I wrote to Sonos CEO whose email address was given on the site. Doubt whether he will address this but will wait and see.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Contact Sonos support directly, the address to use is on the contact page, it may vary by country so check the flag icon.

Send them a scanned PDF copy of the customs document.
Badge +7
Do they think it's something different than a loudspeaker?
I doubt anyone here has or will give you that information here if Sonos can't/won't. Isn't it enough to say it is a smart wireless speaker for home use?