Damage to Sonos Move

• 18 November 2020
  • 8 replies

I’ve just dropped my Sonos move and it’s dented the front any tips  to remove the dent or pull it out 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Mrgodders.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand the situation where you’re coming from. Let me help you out.

I would suggest taking a picture of the damage and contact our technical support team or our sales team @+18006802345 option 4 to report the cosmetic damage on your Sonos Move. If you have purchased the Sonos Move elsewhere, I would like to suggest reaching out first to the point of retailer for immediate action.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you still have any further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hi thanks for replying and o don’t think the retailer that I bought it from will do anything it accidental damage ie my fault I just need a way to pull the dent out without damaging it and having to replace it 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Mrgodders.

Thanks for the feedback and immediate response.

I would suggest taking a picture of the damage and contact our technical support team so you can ask what we can do to help you out. I would not suggest repairing it yourself as it may still be under warranty and our technical support team may have something up their sleeve to help out. We can also try to reach out to other members of the community to see what would be their best recommendation and feedback on this type of situation.

Please let me know if you still have any further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hello - I’ve done exactly the same thing! Dropped it by accident and now the front has a small dent in the metal casing (needs pulling out). Can you please advise how to proceed with trying to fix it? Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Tom_30.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand the situation where you’re coming from. Let me help you out.

I would suggest taking a picture of the damage and contact our technical support team so you can ask what we can do to help you out. I do not suggest repairing it yourself as it may still be under warranty and our technical support team may have something better to offer than repairst. We can also try to reach out to other members of the community to see what would be their best recommendation and feedback on this type of situation.

Thanks,

Thanks for your advice. I will reach out to support today. 

I spoke with support. Nothing that can be done unfortunately - the only option offered was to replace the device by paying for a new one. As my device is still in full working order I’ll continue as is.. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Tom_30.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

Let us try to reach out to other members of the community to see what would be their recommendations and feedback on this type of situation. They may have encountered this type of situation let see what they have done to help fix the damage.

Thanks,