customer service failure

• 20 June 2017
  • 4 replies

I contacted customer service to see if I could send my Play5 in for repair. I told them that I thought it had stopped working due to water damage and this is the response I got:

Thank you for contacting Sonos Customer Care. Unfortunately, we won't be able to accept the PLAY:5 back for repair or replacement once water damage has been done to the unit.

I was perfectly willing to pay for a repair or a refurb replacement but no such solution was offered. It's a shame, Sonos is turning away my money and firing me as a customer. If this is the service we can expect, my next wifi speaker will be an Apple HomePod.

#disappointed

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge
Thats why one has all risks insurance. If it is a (normal) faulty hardware issue I have found SONOS to provide excellent customer service. the best in the business in fact.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Barish, we'll take a look into that case for you on our end to make sure it was handled properly, the reply certainly could have been better.

We usually offer out of warranty replacements for units that have defects or hardware issues for a fee, which covers most things. Of the ways that players can be damaged, water damage is a big one that we can't run replacements for. We refurbish replaced players and it's impossible to know how much is destroyed and unusable when it comes to speakers that have gotten wet. Because of this, we don't offer replacements for waterlogged units.

I know it's frustrating and will make sure your disappointment is heard here within the company. At this time, we don't offer any refurbished purchases as all of those players are used for replacing units.
sonos has gone done hill chasing alexa with constant apps, use to get right thru to customer service, who has 45 minutes to wait for someone who may or may not help????
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
sonos has gone done hill chasing alexa with constant apps, use to get right thru to customer service, who has 45 minutes to wait for someone who may or may not help????

Hi there,

Our phone teams can get busy, especially later in the day. Fortunately we have a few free options for support. You can also reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook for help in real time. The community is a great place to get help from fellow Sonos users, and you can even email us if you'd prefer.

Please let me know what kind of issues you're having, and submit a diagnostic report. Reply with the confirmation number and I'll take a look for you.